Mussoorie is one of the famous and highly visited places in Uttarakhand. If anyone from Delhi-NCR wants to take a break from their busy city life, Mussoorie is the place from them. This hill station provides a beautiful view of a snow-capped mountain. Located in the heart of Uttarakhand, Mussoorie is situated at a height of 2005meters. The place is also famous for the gateway of the Gangotri and Yamunotri shrine. The best time to visit this hill station is from Feb to June and Sept to Nov.
Top 5 places to visit in Mussoorie
1. Mall Road: This place is situated at a height of 2000 meters. One of the major tourist attractions in Mussoorie. The place stretches from the amazing Picture Palace to the Library chowk. Keep in mind that any vehicle is not allowed in the night to enter this road, so it's better to have some walk in the mountains and enjoy its calmness.
2. Kempty Fall: Visiting Mussoorie cannot be complete without visiting kempty Fall. It is just 15km from the center and surrounded by beautiful mountains. You can visit this place by your own car or bike because a good parking facility is available there. This place is always crowded and receives millions of tourists throughout the year. This place has a good changing facility for clothes and even you can take clothes on rent also. So anyone visiting there, makes sure do the enjoy the waterfall.
3. Gun Hill: This place is very famous among the photographer because it provides an amazing view of Himalayan Ranges like Bunderpunch etc. It is also very famous as it is the second highest peak of the Mussoorie. The sunset and sunrise view from Gun Hill is super fantastic.
4. Mussoorie Fall: It is an artificial lake built by the Mussorie Development Authority. The picturesque lake is just 6.5 km from Library Chowk. There is also an artificial waterfall and boating facility. The lake provides a beautiful view of Doon Valley and the surrounding places. There is also an entry fee to enter this place.
5. Company Bagh: It is a very renowned tourist spot, situated at 3.5km from Libary Chowk. The garden is full of beautiful flowers which makes it very attractive and beautiful. This is a perfect spot for a family picnic.